Friday, September 10, 2010

Remembering My College Hockey Days

My College Hockey Jersey - Natural Lite

I was digging through some boxes in my attic a while back, and stumbled across my old college hockey jersey. Being an avid collector of jerseys and all things hockey, I was pretty surprised that my very own had been hiding from me in my attic, all these years. I had always wondered what had happened to it. I couldn't bring myself to just put it back in the box, and let another some odd years go by before I remember where it was again.

So, after the initial nostalgia wore off, I began thinking of what I was going to do with the my college jersey, now that it had gotten a second life. I couldn't wear it. After briefly trying it on, I realized that it was a little small for me now, and plus I didn't want it to get anymore wear and tear than it already had. The easy thing to do would have been to hang it in the closet, but I had seen my share of moths flying around the house, and I figured that placing it on a hanger would just make the collar stretch out, even more than my neck did. I had hockey jersey display cases for some of my other valuable jerseys, so I wasn't sure why it took me so long to think of getting one for my college jersey. Sooner or later though, that idea popped into my head.

I ended up going with a really great hockey jersey case to commemorate my college days. It has a classy wood frame, it doesn't stretch out the neck hole, and it has hinges on the front of the display, so I can take the jersey out whenever I want - everything you'd expect from a great hockey jersey display case, and more. The hockey jersey display with my jersey in it looked so stunning, I had to hang it right in my living room, and believe it or not, it blended in beautifully.

That whole thing made me wonder what other great hockey stuff from my past, might be stored away in my attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment