Monday, September 20, 2010

Hockey Puck Display Cases for Garage Sale Finds

Hockey fans often ask the question, "What makes a great hockey puck collection?" Is it the rarest pucks? Maybe the oldest? Well, to be honest, I would say that all of these make for a killer collection. Even pucks that just have some sentimental value can be good pieces to display. All in all, I think what makes a great hockey puck collection is really in the eye of the collector. Still, I wouldn't call myself a true collector if I didn't have proper hockey puck display cases to showcase my pucks in.

A couple weeks ago I was browsing through a garage sale, and I ended up finding a bunch of really cool vintage pucks, that were near mint condition. I thought they would look great hanging on the wall in my finished basement, where most of my other hockey memorabilia is showcased. Sure, I had a puck case for most of my cherished pucks, but I thought I needed to "up the ante" a bit for these.

I got online in an attempt to snatch the most fitting puck display for my great new find. I needed a puck display case that could handle many pucks, not just a few. Preferably, I wanted a puck case that allowed me to fill it in with more pucks, as I added in the missing ones to my collection. Also, the type of frame that my case was going to have was a key factor, as well. I was looking for the all-natural elegance of wood, but was okay with plastic, as long as it looked classy. Most importantly though, I needed my hockey puck display case to be UV protective. I know, I know, there isn't much sunlight that gets to the basement, but you'd be surprised what that small amount can do to your hockey memorabilia over time. I didn't want to take my chances with these new pucks.

After some quick Google searches I came across the perfect puck display case that more than suited all of my needs for my awesome pucks. Not to mention the price was super reasonable, as well. I'm just glad these valuable pucks have a new home, and to think, I found them at a garage sale for a couple bucks. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment